President Obama has excommunicated Catholics from Catholicism and American society with his new rule on insurance plans paying for contraception, sterilization and some abortion drugs. We are found guilty of not following his truth. This announcement was made through a Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) press release on Friday January 20, 2012 and it violates the 1st amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America: “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;…” and violates Catholicism.
The President, through HHS even offers absolution from this excommunication if Catholics comply by August 1, 2013.
The President says he will force employers to tell employees where to get contraception and he falsely uses the term “common good” to describe via HHS the work faith-based organizations perform.
Below are some egregious excerpts from the HHS press release:
- “Today the department is announcing that the final rule on preventive health services will ensure that women with health insurance coverage will have access to the full range of the Institute of Medicine’s recommended preventive services, including all FDA -approved forms of contraception. Women will not have to forego these services because of expensive co-pays or deductibles, or because an insurance plan doesn’t include contraceptive services. This rule is consistent with the laws in a majority of states which already require contraception coverage in health plans, and includes the exemption in the interim final rule allowing certain religious organizations not to provide contraception coverage. Beginning August 1, 2012, most new and renewed health plans will be required to cover these services without cost sharing for women across the country.”
- “After evaluating comments, we have decided to add an additional element to the final rule. Nonprofit employers who, based on religious beliefs, do not currently provide contraceptive coverage in their insurance plan, will be provided an additional year, until August 1, 2013, to comply with the new law. Employers wishing to take advantage of the additional year must certify that they qualify for the delayed implementation. This additional year will allow these organizations more time and flexibility to adapt to this new rule.”
- “We intend to require employers that do not offer coverage of contraceptive services to provide notice to employees, which will also state that contraceptive services are available at sites such as community health centers, public clinics, and hospitals with income-based support. We will continue to work closely with religious groups during this transitional period to discuss their concerns.”
- “The administration remains fully committed to its partnerships with faith-based organizations, which promote healthy communities and serve the common good.”
- Click HERE for the full press release from the HHS website. or http://www.hhs.gov/news/press/2012pres/01/20120120a.html
- Let President Obama and Secretary Sebelius know what you think of this new rule; HHS Switchboard Phone: (877) 696-6775
On January 19, 2012. The day before this new illegal rule was announced, Pope Benedict XVI addressed the Bishops of the United States. His comments were insightful and prophetic of what came down in America the very next day. See some excerpts from this address below:
- “When a culture attempts to suppress the dimension of ultimate mystery, and to close the doors to transcendent truth, it inevitably becomes impoverished and falls prey, as the late Pope John Paul II so clearly saw, to reductionist and TOTALITARIAN readings of the human person and the nature of society.”
- “…it is imperative that the entire Catholic community in the United States come to realize the grave threats to the Church’s public moral witness presented by a RADICAL SECULARISM which finds increasing expression in the political and cultural spheres. The seriousness of these threats needs to be clearly appreciated at EVERY LEVEL OF ECCLESIAL LIFE.”
- “Of particular concern are certain attempts being made to limit that most cherished of American freedoms, the freedom of religion.”
- “Many of you have pointed out that concerted efforts have been made to deny the right of conscientious objection on the part of Catholic individuals and institutions with regard to cooperation in INTRINSICALLY EVIL PRACTICES. Others have spoken to me of a worrying tendency to reduce religious freedom to mere freedom of worship without guarantees of respect for freedom of conscience.”
- “Here once more we see the need for an engaged, articulate and well-formed CATHOLIC LAITY endowed with a strong critical sense vis-à-vis the dominant culture and with the courage to counter a reductive secularism which would delegitimize the Church’s participation in public debate about the issues which are determining the FUTURE OF AMERICAN SOCIETY.”
- “The preparation of committed LAY LEADERS and the presentation of a convincing articulation of the Christian vision of man and society remain a primary task of the Church in your country; as essential components of the new evangelization, these concerns must shape the vision and goals of catechetical programs at every level.”
- “In this regard, I would mention with appreciation your efforts to maintain contacts with Catholics involved in political life and to help them understand their personal responsibility to offer public witness to their faith, especially with regard to the great moral issues of our time: respect for God’s gift of life, the protection of human dignity and the promotion of authentic human rights.”
- “There can be no doubt that a more consistent witness on the part of America’s Catholics to their deepest convictions would make a major contribution to the renewal of society as a whole.”
- “Yet in faith we can take heart from the growing awareness of the need to preserve a civil order clearly rooted in the Judeo-Christian tradition, as well as from the promise offered by a NEW GENERATION OF CATHOLICS whose experience and convictions will have a decisive role in renewing the Church’s presence and witness in AMERICAN SOCIETY.”
- Click HERE for text of the Pope’s full address. or http://email.vervemail.com/ct/24459192%3a5644507882%3am%3a1%3a415784759%3a4327E8970D27442F467006FB45825164%3ar