The Six Precepts of the Church
- To hear Mass on Sundays, and all holydays of obligation.
- To fast and abstain on the days commanded.
- To confess our sins at least once a year.
- To receive the blessed Eucharist at Easter.
- To contribute to the support of our pastors.
- Not to solemnize marriage at the forbidden times; nor to marry persons within the forbidden degrees of kindred, or otherwise prohibited by the Church; nor clandestinely.
As published in BLESSED BE GOD A Complete Catholic Prayer Book © 1925 and THE MAN OF GOD Catholic Prayers and Devotions For Men © 1927 by Very Rev. Charles J. Callan, O.P., S.T.M. and Very Rev. John A. McHugh, O.P., S.T.M.