The Ten Commandments of God – Exodus XX
- I am the Lord thy God, who brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt not have strange gods before me. Thou shalt not make to thyself a graven thing, nor the likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or in the earth beneath, nor of those things that are in the waters under the earth. Thou shalt not adore them, nor serve them: I am the Lord thy God, mighty, jealous, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And showing mercy unto thousands to them that love me, and keep my commandments.
- Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain: for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that shall take the name of the Lord his God in vain.
- Remember that thou keep holy the sabbath day. Six days shalt thou labor, and shalt do all thy works.  But on the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: thou shalt do no work on it, thou nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy beast, nor the stranger that is within thy gates. For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and the sea, and all things that are in them, and rested on the seventh day: therefore the Lord blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it.
- Honor thy father and thy mother, that thou mayest be long-lived upon the land which the Lord thy God will give thee.
- Thou shalt not kill.
- Thou shalt not commit adultery.
- Thou shalt not steal.
- Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
- Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s wife.
- Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s house, nor his servant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is his.
As written in THE HOLY BIBLE, Douay-Rheims version (pictured above.) Re-published in these great books, BLESSED BE GOD; A Complete Catholic Prayer Book © 1925 and THE MAN OF GOD Catholic Prayers and Devotions For Men © 1927 by Very Rev. Charles J. Callan, O.P., S.T.M. and Very Rev. John A. McHugh, O.P., S.T.M.
National Association of American Lay Catholics