Due to concerns over threats to religious freedom, both at home and abroad. The Catholic bishops called for a “Fortnight for Freedom,” a 14-day period of prayer, education and action in support of religious freedom, from June 21 to July 4th.
Catholics in the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City are answering the call and are organizing a “Rally for Religious Freedom!” They invite all Christians, Jewish brothers and sisters, people of other faiths and all who wish to defend religious freedom!
A couple highlights are:
- World premier showing of Catholics Called to Witness’ (CC2W) Test of Fire ecumenical version. Introduced by Adriana Gonzalez of CC2W. See the original version here:
- Premier trailer for the movie Last Ounce of Courage. Introduced by its director Kevin McAfee. See the trailer here: http://www.lastouncethemovie.com/
Date and Hours and Website:
- Saturday June 23, 2012
- 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Doors and concessions open at Noon)
- Admission fee not required. Donation requested at arena entrance
- Seating is general admission
- Cox Convention Center arena, in downtown Oklahoma City
- Several speakers will address religious liberty, why it is so important to our country, how it is under threat today and what we can do about it. Speakers include: Archbishop Paul S. Coakley of OKC, Attorney General Scott Pruitt, Representative Rebecca Hamilton, Pastor Frank Cargill, William Federer, Prof. Michael Scaperlanda, Prof. Teresa Collett, Steve Ray, Pastor James Taylor, Pastor Ronnie W. Rogers, Congressman James Lankford, the Creators of “Test of Fire” video and Kevin McAfee, the director of Last Ounce of Courage movie.
- Patriotic music by Mountain Smoke
- Videos on religious freedom
Mass for the Fortnight for Freedom:
- A mass will be celebrated Friday June 22nd at 6 p.m. at the Cathedral of Our Lady of Perpetual Help.
- Archbishop Paul S. Coakley will be the principal celebrant on this day, the Feast of St. Thomas More and St. John Fisher
May God bless us and protect our religious liberty.