Here are The Spiritual Works of Mercy applied to persons involved in “socialist community organizing:”
- To counsel the doubtful – Show the persons involved in the “socialist community organization” (SCO) that they are following two contradictory propositions. Atheism and Catholicism.
- To instruct the ignorant – Show the persons involved that they were manipulated into participating in the SCO in their parish.
- To admonish sinners – Show the persons involved in the SCO that its principles are atheistic and sinful, and thus contrary to Catholicism. Ask the persons to leave the SCO as well as to work to have it removed from their parish and diocese.
- To comfort the afflicted – Give encouragement, support and assistance to the persons who are tired from defending the Church, their family and society from the errors of the SCO.
- To forgive offenses – Make clear to the persons involved in the SCO that you will be welcoming to them when their involvement in the SCO has ceased.
- To bear wrongs patiently – The authority to remove the SCO from the diocese belongs to your bishop. Your bishop will discern the SCO’s consistency with Catholic Social Teaching (CST.) However, he will be assured by the persons involved in the SCO that its principles are consistent with CST though this is impossible. He will have much information to wade through in this regard. Do not lose hope due to a lengthy discernment or even an acceptance of the SCO by your bishop. Remember your duty as a lay person.
- To pray for the living and the dead – All of those affected by the error of the SCO will need the help of the one true God. Without him we can do nothing.
O Holy Spirit, strengthen us to defend all that is holy.
Peter L. Hodges Sr.