The Sun Beam Times is warning Catholics in the Diocese of St. Petersburg (in particular Pinellas county) about an Alinsky-styled community organization known as FAST. This community organization is an affiliate of DART. You can find FAST on our list of “socialist community organizations” by clicking HERE.
The Sun Beam Times website belongs to Dr. David McKalip. He is a Catholic who is challenging FAST in his parish. I personally spoke with Dr. McKalip last week. He needs the help of faithful Catholics in the Tampa Bay area. Click on his posts below to learn about the situation, see more posts and get his contact information:
- “My Protest Against FAST” by Dr. David McKalip
- “FAST’s Community Organizing and Progressive Pedigree: Saul Alinsky, ACORN, Unions, George Soros and Big Government at Core” by Dr. David McKalip
Below is the list of twelve Catholic parishes involved with FAST per information from Sun Beam Times:
- Blessed Trinity Catholic Church
- Espiritu Santo Catholic
- Holy Cross Catholic
- Holy Family Catholic
- Most Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Church
- Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church
- St. Brendan Catholic
- St. Cecelia Catholic
- St. Joseph Catholic Church
- St. Matthew Catholic Church
- St. Michael Catholic Church
- Transfiguration Catholic Church
The Sun Beam Times website was brought to my attention by Jo Joyce at Fidelity ’til Parousia, www.johntwo24-25.net, who works on defending the Church from Alinsky organizations. Their website has alot of great and important information about the errors of this type of organizing. Please check it out.
Additionally, Jo Joyce contacted me about the Sun Beam Times because she knew I grew up in the Diocese of St. Petersburg and still have family there. As it turns out, the parish of my childhood; Our Lady of Lourdes, appears to be involved in FAST.
O Holy Spirit, strengthen us to defend all that is holy.
Peter L. Hodges Sr.