- Socialist community organizations have entered Catholic churches across America for many years now. One such organization is the Industrial Areas Foundation (founded by Saul Alinsky) that has sub-chapters in several dioceses. The sub-chapters take different names than the main organization. Other socialist community organizations cover the rest of the U.S. Click here for the list of socialist community organizations in the United States. There are more organizations that fall into this category not listed in the link.
- These groups have manipulated Catholic Social Teaching’s (CST) terminology to be euphemisms (Isaiah 5:20) for collectivism, centralized planning and Socialism. Thus, manipulating Catholic clergy, religious sisters and laity into their organization to work to implement socialistic programs and ideas into their communities and parishes. Some of the manipulators are clergy, religious sisters and laity.
- The Catholic Social Teaching terms that these organizations manipulate and abuse are:
- Human dignity
- Social justice
- Common good
- Preferential option for the poor
- Care for God’s creation
- Subsidiarity (They don’t seem to be familiar with this term but, they may start) (The principle of subsidiarity is defined as: A community of a higher order should not interfere in the internal life of a community of a lower order.)
- These groups manipulate the clergy, religious sisters and laity to accept socialistic views as Catholic views (a contradictory proposition) because they use Catholic terms when speaking to them. Catholics don’t expect to be deceived like this from trusted authorities, so many fall for it. The manipulators were told how to deceive the Church on page 94 of Saul Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals (Click here.) This tactic makes the deceived Catholic comfortable enough to vote contrary to a fully formed Catholic conscience and the truth.
- The manipulation of CST terms and the presence of these groups in the churches has contributed to Catholics holding dissenting views from the Church and voting for politicians who reject much of Catholic Social Teaching.
- Whoever wins the Catholic vote wins the national popular vote and almost certainly the electoral college and the presidency.
Catholic lay people must know that our Church rejects collectivism, centralized planning and socialism based on the commandment, “Thou shalt not steal” (Catechism of the Catholic Church, (CCC) sections 1883, 1885, 2425 and 2499.) Therefore, the Church rejects these efforts to manipulate its social teachings. We must all work to save our Church from the error of socialism. In doing this work, Catholics will vote with a more properly formed conscience.
O Holy Spirit, strengthen us to defend all that is holy.
Peter L. Hodges Sr.