- IRS, “Thought Crimes” and Catholic Catechism Section 2499
- The Seven Gifts of the Holy Ghost
- The Four Cardinal Virtues
- The Three Theological Virtues
- Homosexual Activist: “We Lie that the Institution of Marriage is Not Going to Change”
- Organizing for Action: the Democratic Party’s New Machine (Alinsky/Socialist Community Organization)
- Frame the Truth and Stay on Message: Please Just Say “Marriage”
- The Student Attacking GW Newman Center Priest is a False Priest in a False So-Called Catholic Church
- Planned Parenthood official Concerned with Logistical Issues on Transporting a Child Who Survives an Abortion
- EWTN “White” Smokes the Secular Media on Live Papal Election Coverage
Tag Archives: same-sex marriage
Barack Obama supports so-called, same-sex marriage. This is in direct opposition to Catholic teaching on the sacrament of marriage. Catholics must defend marriage and will have a chance on November 6, 2012 at the ballot box in Maine, Maryland, Minnesota and Washington. President Obama has put himself on the ballot with this issue as well.
This is the story from the May 10, 2012 White House Blog about President Obama’s support of so-called, same-sex marriage. It is titled, President Obama supports Same-Sex Marriage (click here for the White House Blog story) Below is an excerpt from the story:
“Yesterday, during an interview with ABC News, President Obama said, “I think same-sex couples should be able to get married.””
Here is his exclusive interview to ABC about his support for Same-Sex marriage:
Marriage is a sacrament. One of the Seven Sacraments. Marriage must be defended by Catholics.
Below is Catholic teaching on homosexuality and the sacrament of marriage in the Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC):
CCC 2357 “Under no circumstances can they (homosexual acts) be approved.”
CCC 2358 “They (homosexual persons) must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity…”
CCC 2359 “Homosexual persons are called to chastity… they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.”
CCC 2360 “Sexuality is ordered to the conjugal love of man and woman. In marriage the physical intimacy of the spouses becomes a sign and pledge of spiritual communion. Marriage bonds between baptized persons are sanctified by the sacrament.”
Also, see Pope Pius XI’s Encyclical titled Casti Connubii (On Christian Marriage) Paragraphs 48 & 49, where he warns us about those who try to degrade marriage:
48. “And since, in order that the deceits of the enemy may be avoided, it is necessary first of all that they be laid bare; since much is to be gained by denouncing these fallacies for the sake of the unwary, even though We prefer not to name these iniquities “as becometh saints,” yet for the welfare of souls We cannot remain altogether silent.”
49. “To begin at the very source of these evils, THEIR basic principle lies in this, that matrimony is repeatedly declared to be not instituted by the Author of nature nor raised by Christ the Lord to the dignity of a true sacrament, but invented by man. Some confidently assert that they have found no evidence of the existence of matrimony in nature or in her laws, but regard it merely as the means of producing life and of gratifying in one way or another a vehement impulse; on the other hand, others recognize that certain beginnings or, as it were, seeds of true wedlock are found in the nature of man since, unless men were bound together by some form of permanent tie, the dignity of husband and wife or the natural end of propagating and rearing the offspring would not receive satisfactory provision. At the same time they maintain that in all beyond this germinal idea matrimony, through various concurrent causes, is invented solely by the mind of man, established solely by his will.”
Chick-fil-A Shares Marriage and Family Values with Catholicism. Show your Support August 1st and Beyond
Dan Cathy, president of Chick-fil-A was interviewed by Biblical Recorder newspaper in an article published July 2012. See an excerpt below:
“Some have opposed the company’s support of the traditional family. “Well, guilty as charged,” said Cathy when asked about the company’s position. “We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that.” “We operate as a family business … our restaurants are typically led by families; some are single. We want to do anything we possibly can to strengthen families. We are very much committed to that,” Cathy emphasized. “We intend to stay the course,” he said. “We know that it might not be popular with everyone, but thank the Lord, we live in a country where we can share our values and operate on biblical principles.”
For these good, Christian and truthful comments, Chick-fil-A is being ridiculed by foolish proponents of same-sex marriage and even some foolish mayors who are claiming bigotry. Some of those who have joined in the ridicule claim to be Catholic.
CCC 2260 Sexuality is ordered to the conjugal love of man and woman. In marriage the physical intimacy of the spouses becomes a sign and pledge of spiritual communion. Marriage bonds between baptized persons are sanctified by the sacrament.
CCC 2261 “Sexuality, by means of which man and woman give themselves to one another through the acts which are proper and exclusive to spouses, is not something simply biological, but concerns the innermost being of the human person as such. It is realized in a truly human way only if it is an integral part of the love by which a man and woman commit themselves totally to one another until death.”
Well, the incompatibility lies with the proponents of same-sex marriage. Unfortunately, they want to fight and ridicule. Many of them refuse to believe that we as Catholics and Christians accept homosexual persons with respect, compassion and sensitivity. However, we will not accept a validation of the homosexual act or a contrivance of marriage rights forced on our Church or society.
Support a Chick-fil-A restaurant near you on Wednesday August 1st and beyond. Pray for Dan Cathy and his employees.
O Holy Spirit, strengthen us to defend all that is holy.
Peter L. Hodges Sr.