On April 14, 2012 Fr. Andrew Kemberling from Centennial, Colorado gave an invocation and short speech filled with hard truths.
Here are a few points he made:
- Others who have stood with us (Catholics) have died at the hands of socialists
- Socialism is incompatible with Christianity
- Conscience and private property come from God, not from humans
- Socialists do not accept biblical truth. They do not understand natural law
- Socialism will never be compatible with our democracy as we have it
- Socialism is a foreign threat to our democracy
Fr. Kemberling also invited every one of conscience to join in the fight to defend our religious liberty. He said much more, and the crowd loved it!
In context with Fr. Kemberling’s words, all Catholics should know CCC 2425:
“The Church has rejected the totalitarian and atheistic ideologies associated in modern times with “communism” or “socialism.”
This is written in section 2425 of the Catechism of the Catholic Church in relation to the seventh commandment; You shall not steal.
God, protect courageous shepherds like Fr. Kemberling. (See video of his invocation and speech below):
O Holy Spirit, strengthen us to defend all that is holy.
Peter L. Hodges Sr.