The following eleven steps were created by the National Association of American Laity, “Lay Catholics” as a way to help faithful Catholics around the United States and internationally to defend against the infringement of community organizing inspired by Saul Alinsky in our churches.
These steps are called the “Oklahoma City Method” because faithful Catholics from Oklahoma City used them to defend their parish churches in the spirit of CCC 907 and Code of Canon Law 212. In this spirit, these faithful Catholics were able to be a help to their pastors. The Method worked with 75% success. Nine of twelve Catholic parishes removed themselves from membership in a local affiliate of the Saul Alinsky founded Industrial Areas Foundation (IAF.) This affiliate is known as the Oklahoma Sponsoring Committee (OSC) in Oklahoma City. However, the OSC has added one different Catholic parish since that time. (UPDATE; Oklahoma Sponsoring Committee (OSC) has now been renamed VOICE.)
It is our hope and prayer that you will find the Oklahoma City Method helpful.
NOTE: Illegal actions like the HHS mandate are pushed by ”socialist community organizations” because they are followers of Saul Alinsky. Alinsky created the idea for the HHS mandate (Click Here) and President Obama, an Alinsky-trained community organizer, implemented it. We must remove these false organizations from our parishes now. They are calling themselves Catholic while performing anti-Catholic actions.
- Check www.LayCatholics.org to see if you have a socialist community organization (SCO) (click here) in your area. Do further research to find out which parishes they have as members.
- Seek out information (video presentation click here) about socialist community organizing by reading Rules for Radicals (for excerpt click here) by Saul Alinsky (the founder of the Industrial Areas Foundation and community organizing) and by researching more information from good and faithful Catholic groups like: Catholic Media Coalition www.catholicmediacoalition.org and (Oklahoma City’s) Fidelity ‘til Parousia www.johntwo24-25.net (read their “Our Story” page)
- Attend one of the SCO’s meetings.
- Go speak to the SCO’s lead organizer privately about the organization’s errors. Ask the organizer to have its group leave the parishes (Matthew 18:15 click here.)
- If the organizer does not listen, bring other laity with you as witnesses to meet with the organizer (Matthew 18:16.)
- If the organizer still refuses to listen then tell your archbishop/bishop and priests about the socialist community organization in your archdiocese/diocese (Matthew 18:17.)
- Speak to your parish priest privately even if the organization is not in your parish. Inform your priest of its errors and incompatibility with Catholicism. The SCO is surely trying to gain your parish as a member.
- Inform other laity in your entire archdiocese/diocese and ask them to speak to their parish priest.
- If necessary, inform your local media. Especially, a local radio show host.
- Contact us for help at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Defend the Church because you love Her. These organizers are our Catholic brothers and sisters. Treat them with kindness. However, their errors must be met with a constant, courageous defense. This is not about them. This is about saving the Church.
O Holy Spirit, strengthen us to defend all that is holy.
Peter L. Hodges Sr.